What is UKiset?
UKiset is an adaptive online entry test taken in English designed to support admission into the UK independent education system.
It is an intelligent means to test a student’s developed ability and aptitude for learning and is a standardised assessment that helps identify the candidate’s strengths, weaknesses and learning preferences.
Ukiset measures five principal areas:
- Non-Verbal Reasoning (a form of problem solving based around diagrams rather than words)
- Spatial Ability (tests the ability to mentally rotate and manipulate shapes in two and three dimensions)
- Verbal Reasoning (problem solving with words)
- Quantitative (is the application of mathematical concepts and skills to solve real-world problems)
- English (grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, listening and creative writing)
Facts about UKiset
- UKiset takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete. For year 12 entries (16+), this may be longer due to the level of their test
- Instant reports are generated after the test has been taken that are available the next working day and emailed to the provided contact
- It can be taken in the student’s own country at an authorised testing centre, in the UK at a test centre in London or at selected schools
- It provides schools with valuable information on a student’s potential within their school