Why take UKiset?
- to compare your academic potential against British school pupils
- to stand out from the crowd
- to show off your child’s achievements and potential
- to profile an applicant’s academic strengths
- to assist you in choosing the right school for your child
- more and more top independent schools are insisting on it as part of their admissions process
Choosing your child’s school is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. No one knows your child better than you and the school you select should be a true reflection of their academic ability and personality.
Schools in the UK are very keen to learn as much as they can about your child before offering them a place. What they want to know more than anything is that your child is a suitable candidate and that they will thrive in the school’s environment.
UKiset was developed with schools to create a way of providing them with a child’s academic potential and English skills rather than just their current learned knowledge. To compliment this information the schools have also requested a detailed profile on each child. With all this information they can make faster decisions on whether or child will be a good fit and a suitable candidate for their school.
- Your child will ultimately take tests at schools that may not be suitable for them
- You will pay out registration fees to schools that they don’t get into
- You will incur invigilation and travel costs in your own country
- You will wait a long time, in some cases, to hear from your first choice school and could potentially miss out on a place at your second choice school as a consequence
- When your child starts at a school it will take a short while for their teachers to get to know them and discover their strengths and weaknesses
- You have a complete profile on your child to send to the schools of your choice
- Schools can respond quickly to your child’s application
- If they don’t get into your first choice school you can use their UKiset Profile to apply to your next choice
- You save money on unnecessary registration fees
- When your child starts at their new school their teachers are completely in the know about their academic abilities, their strengths and weaknesses, enabling them to provide the correct support from day one.