Oxford University Review — Guide For Malaysian Students
Share This Article
Table of Contents
Summary Of University
- 2023 World ranking: 4 (QS World University Rankings)
- 2023 UK ranking: 1 (Complete University Guide)
- Pupils: 26,000
- Fees: £28,950 – £44,240 (Most courses)
- Notable courses: Medicine, Biomedical Sciences, Humanities
- Scholarships: Yes
The University of Oxford is one of the top universities in the UK and is among the most selective universities in the UK in terms of its entry requirements. As the name suggests, the university is located at Oxford, England.
University Of Oxford Courses / Programs
The courses offered by the University of Oxford are as follows:
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human Sciences
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Medicine (graduate entry)
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Oriental Studies
- Theology and Religion
University Of Oxford Entry Deadline
The University of Oxford has an earlier application deadline of 16 October (in the year prior to entry) due to the high volume of applications.
University Of Oxford Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate for Oxford University is 18.27%, according to a report by UCAS published in January 2020.
University Of Oxford Ranking
University of Oxford ranks fourth in the world and first in the UK. It is frequently ranked among the top five in the world’s most reputable university rankings.
University Of Oxford Fees
For international students, you would be paying between £28,950 and £44,240 per year (as of 2022/23) in tuition fees which are not inclusive of accommodation or living costs. For UK and EU students the annual course fee is £9,250.
University of Oxford Scholarships
For scholarships information and bursaries, kindly refer to their website here.
University Of Oxford Entry Requirements
The entry requirements will depend on the course you take. For example, if you wish to study Medicine at Oxford you will need to take BMAT on top of achieving a minimum of A*AA at the A-Levels. Additionally, most courses will require international students to meet a minimum score on a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as the IELTS.
University Of Oxford Reviews
Welfare is good in college and tutors are supportive.
Like; tutorial system. Dislike: Quality of lectures not always the best.
Courses here very good, lectures notes & clearly explained.
University Of Oxford Accommodation
It being a campus city, you can choose to live on campus in the various accommodation options provided. View the list here.
University Of Oxford Extracurricular
Oxford offers over 400 clubs and societies for students to choose from so you can be sure it will be a fun and exciting experience. Try anything from music and sport to journalism and volunteering. See the full list of activities here.