Oxford University Review — Guide For Malaysian Students
Share This Article
Table of Contents
Summary Of University
- World ranking: 4
- UK ranking: 2
- Pupils: 24,515 (2019)
- Fees: £44,750
- Notable courses: Medicine, Law
- Scholarships: Yes
Oxford is one of the top 3 universities in the UK and is also one of the hardest to get into because of their academic requirements. As the name suggests, the Oxford University is located at Oxford, England.
University Of Oxford Courses / Programs
The courses offered by the University of Oxford are as follows:
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human Sciences
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Medicine (graduate entry)
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Oriental Studies
- Theology and Religion
University Of Oxford Entry Deadline
If you are applying for most courses in Oxford University, you need to apply before 15 of October.
University Of Oxford Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate for Oxford University is 18.27%, according to a report by UCAS published on Jan 2020.
University Of Oxford Ranking
University of Oxford ranks number 4 in the world and number 2 in the UK and is frequently ranked within the top 5 in the world’s most reputable ranking systems.
University Of Oxford Fees
For international students, you would expect to pay anywhere between £25,740 and £36,065 in course fees (not inclusive living expenses). For UK and EU students the course fee is £9,250 (as of 2020).
University of Oxford Scholarships
University Of Oxford Entry Requirements
The entry requirements will depend on the course you take. For example, if you wish to study Medicine at Oxford there are multiple entrance exams to take such as UCAT and BMAT, and there is a minimum score you must achieve. Most courses will require international students to pass an international English exam like IELTs.
University Of Oxford Reviews
Welfare is good in college and tutors are supportive.
Like; tutorial system. Dislike: Quality of lectures not always the best.
Courses here very good, lectures notes & clearly explained.
University Of Oxford Accommodation
It being a campus city, you can choose to live on campus in the various accommodation options provided. View the list here.
University Of Oxford Extracurricular
Oxford offers over 400 clubs and societies for students to choose from so you can be sure it will be a fun and exciting experience. Try anything from music and sport to journalism and volunteering. See the full list of activities here.