University of Brighton: Reviews, Rankings, Fees, And More
The University of Brighton, located on the south coast of England, offers diverse academic programmes and modern facilities. Known for its vibrant student life and commitment to research, the university provides a positive and engaging learning environment. Positive reviews highlight its supportive community and emphasis on practical learning , making it an attractive choice for students seeking a well-rounded university experience.
Summary of University
Table of Contents
University of Brighton Overview
The University of Brighton, situated on the scenic south coast of England, has a rich history that dates back to the establishment of the Brighton School of Art in 1859. Over the years, a series of mergers and expansions culminated in the formation of the University of Brighton in 1992. With multiple campuses, including the expansive Moulsecoomb and modern Falmer campuses in Brighton, as well as locations in Eastbourne and Hastings, the university offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across disciplines such as arts, humanities, sciences, health, business, and technology.
Distinguished by its commitment to research excellence, the University of Brighton boasts research centres and institutes covering a wide array of fields, from health and social sciences to engineering and enrivonmental sciences. The institution actively fosters student engagement through a vibrant student life, with numerous clubs, societies, and events.
Location also makes this university a prime choice. The university is nestled in the culturally diverse city of Brighton, known for its arts scene and seaside attractions.
It is also worth highlighting the university’s commitment to participation in international collaborations— solidifying its global presence and offering students opportunities for a well-rounded and enriching academic experience.
University of Brighton Courses and Programmes
The University of Brighton offers a diverse range of courses and programmes across various academic disciplines, catering to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. With its main campuses in Brighton, Eastbourne, and Hastings, the university provides a dynamic learning environment. Here are some popular courses at the university.
- Art and Media: The University of Brighton has a strong tradition in the arts, offering courses in fine arts, graphic design, illustration, and other creative disciplines. Students benefit from state-of-the-art facilities and a creative community that fosters innovation and expression.
- Sport and Health Sciences: The university is renowned for its health-related courses, covering areas such as nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and public health. These programmes often include practical placements, allowing students to apply theoretical knowledge in real-world healthcare settings.
- Engineering: With a focus on practical skills and industry relevance, the engineering courses at the University of Brighton prepare students for careers in various engineering disciplines. This may include mechanical engineering, civil engineering, or electronic and electrical engineering.
- Business and Management: Courses in business and management provide students with a solid foundation in areas such as marketing, finance, entrepreneurship, and human resource management. The university may emphasise real-world applications and case studies to enhance practical skills.
- Environmental Studies: Given the growing importance of sustainability, the University of Brighton offers courses related to environmental science, ecology, and sustainability. These programmes often involve fieldwork and research projects.
- Social Sciences: Courses in social sciences may cover disciplines such as psychology, sociology, criminology, and social work. The university encourages critical thinking and research skills in understanding societal issues.
University of Brighton Entry Requirements
Academic Requirements: Applicants must normally have completed a high school education or its equivalent. The particular academic requirements necessary may differ depending on the country and programme.
A-levels, Highers, or Equivalent Qualifications: Depending on the course, the university may demand particular A-levels, Scottish Highers, International Baccalaureate (IB) marks, or an equivalent certificate for many undergraduate programmes.
English Language Proficiency: If English is not your first language, you will usually be needed to demonstrate it by taking a recognised English language test such as IELTS, TOEFL, or Pearson PTE Academic.
Requirements for Individual Courses: Some courses may have extra subject-specific entry requirements or prerequisites. Science or engineering programmes, for example, may demand certain A-levels or similar qualifications in relevant fields.
Personal Statements and References: Applicants may be required to submit a personal statement outlining their motivations and eligibility for the course of study. They may also be asked to submit references.
University of Brighton Entry Deadline
Apply through UCAS by the 31st of January 2024 (equal consideration deadline). The application date for Medicine is October 16, 2023. Some degrees will continue to accept applications after this date.
University of Brighton Ranking
In the 2024 QS World University Ranking, the University of Brighton secured a position in the range of 751-800. Comparatively, in 2023, it held a position within the 801-1000 range, and in 2022, it also occupied a spot in the 801-1000 range. The evaluation of university performance encompasses several criteria, including academic reputation, employer reputation, citations per faculty, faculty/student ratio, and the ratio of international faculty to international students.
Locally, the university is ranked 68th in the UK, according to the Complete University Guide and has a silver TEF rating (Teaching Excellence Framework). Institutions that receive the Silver rating are acknowledged for their good teaching quality. While they excel in many areas, there may be some room for improvement in specific aspects of their teaching and learning environment.
University of Brighton Fees
Standard tuition fees for full-time international students starting in 2024–25
Fees for 2024–25
Laboratory or studio-based courses
£15,900 to £16,900
University of Brighton Accommodation
The University of Brighton provides a range of accommodation options to meet the diverse needs of its students. The university understands the importance of comfortable and supportive living environments for the overall well-being and academic success of its students.
- On-Campus Accommodation: The university offers on-campus accommodation at various locations, providing students with the convenience of living close to academic buildings and campus facilities. These accommodations often include a mix of room types, communal spaces, and amenities.
- Off-Campus Accommodation: For those who prefer to live off-campus, the university assists students in finding suitable accommodation in the private sector. This may involve guidance on renting private apartments or sharing houses with fellow students.
- Halls of Residence: The University of Brighton has halls of residence that cater to different preferences and needs. These halls may vary in terms of facilities, room types, and catering options. Living in halls is an excellent way for students to immerse themselves in the university community.
- Private Accommodation: Some students may opt for private accommodation, and the university supports them in navigating the private rental market. This could involve providing information on reputable landlords, housing agencies, and guidance on tenancy agreements.
- Support Services: The university typically offers support services related to accommodation, ensuring that students have access to guidance on housing-related matters throughout their stay. This support may include assistance with any issues or concerns related to on-campus or off-campus living arrangements.
University of Brighton Reviews
Names may be changed to protect anonymity
There’s always a lot of fun going on around campus and everyone is really nice.
The University of Brighton is such a stunning place to study! so inclusive and is really good if you are studying anything nursing wise.
It’s a really good uni with lots of support.
The experience is excellent , great students and staff, the location is also so beautiful.
Great staff, just amazing service and teaching, would always recommend them to foundation and degree students at every corner.
University of Brighton Facilities
The University of Brighton boasts a range of modern facilities designed to enhance the overall academic experience and support the diverse needs of its students. Here are some key facilities offered by the university:
- Library Services: The university provides extensive library services across its campuses, offering a vast collection of books, journals, and electronic resources. These resources support research and learning across various disciplines.
- Laboratories and Workshops: With a focus on hands-on learning, the University of Brighton has well-equipped laboratories and workshops. These facilities are particularly crucial for students studying in science, engineering, and creative disciplines.
- Sports and Fitness Facilities: The university promotes a healthy and active lifestyle with sports and fitness facilities. These may include sports halls, gyms, and outdoor spaces for recreational activities. Students have access to a variety of sports and fitness programmes.
- IT and Computing Facilities: To meet the demands of modern education, the university provides state-of-the-art IT and computing facilities. This includes computer labs, software resources, and support services to assist students with their technological needs.
- Art Studios and Creative Spaces: Given its strong emphasis on the arts, the University of Brighton offers dedicated art studios and creative spaces. These facilities provide students with the environment and tools necessary for artistic expression and exploration.
University of Brighton Student Activities and Clubs
The University of Brighton offers a vibrant and engaging student life through a variety of activities, clubs, and societies. These provide opportunities for students to socialise, pursue shared interests, and enrich their overall university experience. Here are some aspects of student activities and clubs at the University of Brighton:
- Student Union: The university’s Student Union plays a central role in coordinating and supporting student activities. It often organises events, campaigns, and initiatives that cater to a wide range of interests and issues relevant to the student body.
- Clubs and Societies: The University of Brighton has a diverse array of student-run clubs and societies covering a broad spectrum of interests. Whether it’s sports, arts, culture, academics, or social causes, students can join existing groups or even create their own based on shared passions.
- Sports and Recreation: The university promotes physical well-being through various sports and recreation opportunities. Students can participate in intramural sports, fitness classes, or join sports clubs that cater to different skill levels and interests.
- Arts and Culture: Given Brighton’s vibrant arts scene, students interested in the creative arts can engage in activities related to drama, music, visual arts, and more. The university may have drama societies, art clubs, and music groups that allow students to express themselves creatively.
- Volunteering and Community Engagement: The University of Brighton encourages students to get involved in volunteering and community service. This could involve participating in local projects, supporting charitable causes, or contributing to the community in various ways.
University of Brighton Contact
- Phone Number: 01273 600900
- Website: https://www.brighton.ac.uk/
- Address: University of Brighton, Mithras House, Lewes Road, Brighton, BN2 4AT
Apply To The University Of Brighton
We provide free university application assistance and advice. Speak to one of our consultants now!